Saturday, October 4, 2008

Solid Ground

We have landed in Fort Lauderdale. The trip down took us about 3 1/2 days. We traveled 12oo miles. The seas were calm for the most part. This was good because I don't think I would do well in high seas. The swells got up to 5 ft, and when they were that high I was definitely feelin it. My task on the way down was to watch for oncoming traffic, and to make sure we stayed on course. There were six of us on the way down in groups of two. Mike (the captain) and I had the 8 to 12 shift on either side of the clock (8 hour watch total). Every hour there was a mandatory engine room check and a check that included our status on various makeups of the boat. Very smooth /educational experience. Would probably do this again...not as a living, but still very fun. Woke up to these guys the first morning THANKS FOR THE CAMERA IAN!....

No comments:

Followers